Skip to content

CandleKeep library in Chapter 6 BGEE and one other Question

Chapter 6, in the Library in Candlekeep: My party's inventories were getting full so I tried to leave the library from my location at the time, the fourth floor . As soon as I exited , I was arrested for murder. Is this usual? Can I exit the library to sell off stuff and rebuff and return? Or did I do something wrong? No indication that I was constrained from leaving the Library in any walkthroughs.

Second question: When I export my exportable characters to BGEE-2, does all their equipment and inventory come with them?
Getting close to the finish and looking forward to the sequel.
Thanks for all the pointers to all.

Comments

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    You have limited time in Candlekeep before you get arrested. So you do not have time to loot the library and sell before getting arrested.

Almost all items will be removed in BG2EE. You will be able to find and buy some (that your main character has), but most is gone for good including the gold you have.
  • gorris75gorris75 Member Posts: 60
    well...I should not have expected it to be easy. Thanks
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    To loot the Library (and have a chance to sell) before being arrested, have the protagonist under invisibility (or stealth) to sneak past Koveras, so that he doesn't see you and initiate dialogue. (It doesn't matter if other party members are visible, so long as the protagonist isn't seen.)

On the floor above Koveras, avoid the area where Rieltar is located, so that the latter also can't initiate dialogue. Then you can loot everywhere else in the Library, and slip back out and sell it to Winthrop.

Finally, return to where Koveras is (with the protagonist visible this time) to have the usual dialogue, then proceed upstairs to meet Rieltar. The loot from fighting Rieltar (if you do so), plus the contents of the containers near Rieltar, can then be carried in inventory until you finally leave Candlekeep ... although if you're really desperate to sell everything possible before leaving, go invisible again and sneak back out to visit Winthrop once again.

SFAIK, there's no time limit on any of this.

Regarding your second question, mostly no. Your BG1ee equipment carries over to SoD (if you play SoD), but most of your BG1ee equipment (and SoD equipment if applicable) is lost when you import to BG2ee. However, there are some specific BG1ee (and SoD) items which will carry over to BG2ee, although not in your inventory when you first start BG2ee - the BG1ee items are found in the initial dungeon of BG2ee, and the SoD items at various later locations in BG2ee.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    That is interesting. I have found that I could not search the Library without being hit on by the guards. So not letting Koveras or Rieltar see the protag allows all the time you want? Not what I have seen, but I admit I did not have my protag invisible.
  • fatelessfateless Member Posts: 330
    Seravok is the key trigger. Once you talk to him. Everything is going to go down one way or the other and various places you go or don't go are going to become triggers to you being arrested.
  • WatchForWolvesWatchForWolves Member Posts: 183
    From dudleyville(vanilla BG behaviour):

"Enter the library AR2608. Karan will approach you and reveal some odd facts about someone called Koveras. If you plan to steal as much as you can from the Library you should send an invisible thief up to the 6th floor and work your way down back to the 1st floor before talking to anyone (hence being invisible). Send the party up to the 2nd floor AR2609. Talk to Koveras and accept his gift of a magic ring. Go up to the 3rd floor AR2610. The leaders of the Iron Throne are waiting in the far NW room (Rieltar Anchev, Brunos Costak, Tuth and Kestor). Rieltar will hail you. You can walk away or kill them (which you will be accused of later anyway so you might as well get the experience points). If you spoke to either Koveras or Rieltar you will be framed for Rieltar's murder. You will be arrested either outside the library or on the 6th floor from ths point onwards. If you killed Rieltar, the 2nd and 4th floors of the library will become populated with Watchers intent on your arrest. If anyone tries to arrest you, you will be killed instantly if you try to resist."