Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Scripting Questions

AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 958
edited May 2017 in General Modding
1) Do the Died() and PartyMemberDied triggers actually work?

I have some scripts for an upcoming mod that rely on noticing when a creature of interest dies, but I don't want to do a state check and have them spamming continuously for the duration of the NPC's death. For context, the code below does not work unless I comment out the trigger for Nordom dying.

IF Died("Nordom") // Nordom - Modron !StateCheck("Morte",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) // Morte - Talking Skull Global("qd_morte_party","GLOBAL",1) OR(2) !InParty("Grace") // Fall-from-Grace - Succubus StateCheck("Grace",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) // Fall-from-Grace - Succubus THEN RESPONSE #100 PlaySound("MRT185") Continue() END

2) Is there some weird behavior regarding TakePartyItem in dialogs?

I can't make an NPC take an item in one of my mods and I was wondering if there was some weird behavior that I wasn't aware of (PSTEE engine). For context, the code below (which is added to DMORTE.dlg) does not correctly take the item from the party.

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN qd_morte_teeth SAY @104 + ~PartyHasItem("ICTEETH")~ + @108 DO ~TakePartyItemNum("ICTEETH",1)~ + qd_morte_teeth_ingress END

Post edited by Aquadrizzt on