Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

How can I import items and spells from BGEE to BG2EE?

HalfCelestialHalfCelestial Member Posts: 233
edited May 2017 in General Modding
I'm interested particularly in some innate abilities added by SoD, which are very convenient for the character I have in mind. The objective is to be able to see the spells in EEKeeper, with their names and descriptions intact.

I wish it was a simple copy & paste, but I suspect that won't be the case.

Thanks.

Comments

• subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 11,460
    It's more of a pain than you think. @Grammarsalad made a mod bring IWDEE spells into BG(2)EE (as Camdawg before him made a mod bringing vanilla IWD spells into vanilla BG2)...
    - You need to use a tool like NI or DLTCEP to export the spell/item
    - You need to export all the spell/item's icons, all underlying resources such as .eff, .pro, .bam, .2da, etc. files
    - You need to rename all those things so they don't conflict with any existing files
    - You need to copy any text strings associated with the spell/item
    - You need to re-associate all of those things a k together, with their new names
    - For EEKeeper, you might need to add any spells to spell.ids

It's not that bad for one or two spells or items... you just need to be thorough. For a bunch of stuff though, it's a real slog.

AndreaColomboGrammarsaladHalfCelestial
  • HalfCelestialHalfCelestial Member Posts: 233
    Thanks @subtledoctor. I'm mostly interested in Caelar Argent's innate abilities, so I suppose it won't be too painful.

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,509
    The strings are the biggest pita, followed by protections from other spells/abilities. You may find this helpful.

HalfCelestial