Skip to content

[mod] Universal party AI script

Igneos_EructidIgneos_Eructid Member Posts: 11
edited July 2019 in BGII:EE Mods
It was my intention to create a script fit for any kind of a party member, a script with which a character will fight smart, use potions if necessary, use spells when needed, turn undead, look for traps, backstab and all the other fancy stuff. Furthermore, it was my intention that the script should be compatible with any baldur or icewind dale game, and it should not cheat no matter what. I took universal script made by Rich Martel, found on Sorcerers Place website, and heavily modified it to suit my needs. I'm happy with what I have achieved, and am willing to share, although this was meant only for me originally.

Installation instructions:

Download and extract the zip file, and copy file with BS extension into scripts subfolder where your game is installed. Then inside the game, click on character screen/customize/script and then scroll to bottom and pick this script. You need to repeat the latter for every party member.

Any feedback is more then welcome, even rants about how this is not the way the game should be played :D

Cheers!
Post edited by Igneos_Eructid on

Comments

• AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    This sounds promising, but it might be helpful if you explained a bit how the script actually works, so we can get an idea of whether it is what we're looking for.

At any rate, thank you for sharing.
  • orchidMantisorchidMantis Member Posts: 17
    hello!; I've been testing this script and it's actually very, very good, I have some minor problems especially the warrior/thief which is the one that usually stands still without attacking but not always. I would like to know if the sources are to be able to modify?
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Igneos_Eructid
    May we get this script uploaded to a GitHub repo so others may do pull requests?

Thankee!
  • Cassian0585Cassian0585 Member Posts: 3
    Any updates to this? Any chance to get it to use the spell detection mod?