Skip to content

SPOILER: BGII ending cinematic.

SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
The 7 mysterious cloaked guys at the end of BGII. Who are they?
And who are the doppleganger-guys that approach you near the end of the same game.

I was really disappointed that we never got a clear answer to those question.

Could it have been Balthasar and his monks?

In my fan-con ToB never happened. I have a different future for my Bhaalspawn. Just saying...
Post edited by SamuelVarg on

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Doppleganger guys... you mean the Rakshasa? They're Irenicus lackeys - he made dealings with all kinds of extraplanar creatures to lay siege on suldanesselar.

As the hooded guys... well, I suppose the 'five' hadn't been designed when the finale of BG2 was done, so I like to think of them as Balthazar's monks, too , or deathstalkers.
  • DuronDuron Member Posts: 137
    Well ToB was originally supposed to have 7 powerful Bhallspawns (atleast that is what I managed to figure from the writters), so it kinda makes sense that the five are those 7.

Add the stupid orc from Saradush into it and I guess we could also add Melisandre with them at that point.

War of the Bhallspawns started another few months after events of BG 2, even by ("pukes") novel canon.
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    DJKajuru said:

Doppleganger guys... you mean the Rakshasa? They're Irenicus lackeys - he made dealings with all kinds of extraplanar creatures to lay siege on suldanesselar.

As the hooded guys... well, I suppose the 'five' hadn't been designed when the finale of BG2 was done, so I like to think of them as Balthazar's monks, too , or deathstalkers.

If I remember correctly you encounter them after the Underdark. They ask you to come with them as "Someone wants to talk with you". When you refuse they transformes them selfs to a copies of you and your party and the fighting starts.

Duron said:

Well ToB was originally supposed to have 7 powerful Bhallspawns (atleast that is what I managed to figure from the writters), so it kinda makes sense that the five are those 7.

Add the stupid orc from Saradush into it and I guess we could also add Melisandre with them at that point.

War of the Bhallspawns started another few months after events of BG 2, even by ("pukes") novel canon.

So Yaga-Shura is one of them? Hardly...

I think it is more likely that it is Baltahasars and his monks if we consider canon.

But not in my mind...
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I agree with DJKajuru. Likely they represented a "group of powerful bhaalspawn" that were to be in the expansion, but that hadn't been fleshed out yet in terms of how many or what kind of creatures they were.
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    Yeah it's mentioned here and there. It's basically the 5 from ToB
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Daigle said so himself, as he looked at the original writings from the developers - those seven... are the five :P
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    edited November 2012
    My best guess is as some other have said here that the game designers changed their minds about the direction they wanted the game to take. If, however, I discount that then maybe the five used to be the seven, but two of them died before you arrive in Saradush. After all, Mellisan wasn't planning for you to show up, so she could have already started to turn them on each other before you get there. Or maybe there were seven, but then Yaga-Shura killed three of them and replaced them.

Other than that I am guessing they're Balthazar's monks.
    Elzarath said:

Yeah it's mentioned here and there. It's basically the 5 from ToB

Since there was 1 giant among the 7.

At best it is 4 of the 5 among the 7.

edited November 2012
    I'm not trying to argue or be difficult, just trying to inform. I think best explanation is their plans changed, maybe time constraints? Contractual obligations? Change in storyline? Either way, it was changed from 7 to 5.

Edit: at the time they probably hadn't fleshed out all characters, hence why there's no giant at the table, or maybe think of it as the giants representative. I'm pretty sure all the voices are male too, but 2 of the 5 are females, so there's that.. Plans change :)
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Elzarath said:

I'm not trying to argue or be difficult, just trying to inform. I think best explanation is their plans changed, maybe time constraints? Contractual obligations? Change in storyline? Either way, it was changed from 7 to 5.

Edit: at the time they probably hadn't fleshed out all characters, hence why there's no giant at the table, or maybe think of it as the giants representative. I'm pretty sure all the voices are male too, but 2 of the 5 are females, so there's that.. Plans change :)

I just pretend they're a buch of hooded characters that work for the Five .
    That's the spirit!
  • xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    edited November 2012
    Ummm guys there are MAJOR spoilers galore here I have already beaten these games but I know alot of people on these forums havent maybe you should hide them or add SPOILERS on the thread name lol :P
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I doubt it's going to work out to spoiler tag all sensitive information in the general forum. Might be good with a division into general game discussion and spoiler-free game discussion, a la BioWare forums to give it at least a fair chance.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited November 2012
    Well arguably that is what the noobie area is for (the "no spoilers" area). They could just call the general area "general (spoilers)"

Ummm guys there are MAJOR spoilers galore here I have already beaten these games but I know alot of people on these forums havent maybe you should hide them or add SPOILERS on the thread name lol :P

Good point. Taken care of.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Maybe some died or got assassinated along the way?