Skip to content

I have to say...I love the iPad versions

I bought BGEE, BG2EE and PST earlier this week for the iPad. I have some trepidation as I never expected them to be as good as the PC versions, but they are, because they are a slightly different experience.

PRO:

The hint buttons to highlight important items/people are really useful and unlike the PC version can stay on all the time.
The BG games are still on version 1.3 rather than 2, which I find a good thing in some ways (as 2 still has a few teething issues IMHO).
The interface buttons behave differently, making it harder to play with pausing, which is actually quite refreshing.

CONS:

If you don't like version 1.3 then there may be a problem.
Unlike the PC versions, the additional portraits/soundsets and the NPCs Hexxat, Dorn and Neera are only available as additional purchases (booooo). But then again it allows me to concentrate on the core characters, which I like, and I think you do get Rasaad for free, and that's nice. As a result I probably won't buy the add-ons because I don't feel I need to.
No SoD I don't think (as there's no version 2).
I can't see how you can mod or use cheat codes in these apps.

All in all I'm really enjoying them at the moment :) Well done Overhaul for introducing these versions :)

PS At the time of writing, IWDEE, BGEE, and BG2EE have been removed from the AppStore where I am - is this permanent? I hope they come back, because then I'll buy IWDEE too :)
tbone1