Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details. Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

me questions regarding fighter/mage and party setup.

Hi there

Im going to start a new BG1 EE Game. I already played BG1 back in 1998 and BG2 in 2008.
I have some questions regarding my party before i start a new game, i want a smooth run with a good working party.

- My PC is an fighter/illusionist gnome with 2 points in long swords and dual wilding.
What must have spells/items/skills should i get to make him as powerful as possible?

- Could this party setup work? i heared bows/ranged weapons are realy good in BG1.
PC Fighter/Illusionist gnome: melee damage and later on tank (with the right spells)
Yeslick or Branwen: tank / healer
Imoen: archer, going to dual class her to mage after geting full lock picking skill ( level 4/5?)
Coran: using him mainly as an archer, maybe for lock picking/traps.
Garrick: bard skills and archer
Neera: main nuke-caster , using slings
Most of them are available early on in game when im right.

- Is Imoen still able to use bows after dual classing to thief/mage? Should i dual class her right after she got 2 skill points in bows if i got Coran for lock picking and traps?

If there are other hints/tips and tricks please just feel free to post them :)

Comments

• UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 1,327
    For a smooth run?
    I'd recommend single class and no duals.
    Neera, well have a read up on the complications a wild mage can cause.

Everything is doable, don't get me wrong.
    But, the games pretty hard as it is at low levels, so keep it simple for a first run in a while. A multi class will take a long time to level up with full party. Imoen becomes a mage BG2 no matter what you do but you just loose a good thief. And in SOD, she's not playable.

Bows rule BG, OP and with a really great selection of arrows. Kivan is available early.

For what it's worth, that would be my advice.