Skip to content

BG1, BG2 and Tutu .CHA file import

T2xxT2xx Member Posts: 1
I've been wondering if it would ever be possible to import characters from either Baldurps 1 or Baldurps 2 (or Tutu)

Because I think some of people will tell me "That's a stupid thing to ask!", I'll justify myself.

I really can't wait for the game and me and my brother put off playing the original because we wanted to play the whole game co-op and we never really managed to do that because the multiplayer was buggy and unstable.

So I've been thinking that I could create a character in BG1, but then I thought I'd rather create a character with the BG2 features...

I don't know if that's a question that has already been answered, I haven't made a really thorough investigation of the forum threads, but if you guys could tell me with 110% certainty whether or not I can import my old .CHA files from either BG1 or BG2, I'd be really happy.

It would really make my day.

Comments

• sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    I wouldn't be able to confirm or deny, but I can speculate.
    It's always worth a shot, I'm not sure about .cha compatibility, last I heard save files between bg1 (or 2) will not be compatible with the bgee save files, since so much will change, but perhaps they can make a 1 way import possible. If not perhaps modders will come up with something, or, at the very least a lot of us in the forum want "shadowkeeper" ported to bgee, so if it does get done (even if it takes a little while) you could always replicate your old character in its exactness with that.