Skip to content

skins for new GUI?

LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
I'm actually a big fan of the new GUI look. But I think it will make a lot of players happy if the new GUI has, for ship date, built into it the option to select one of two skins: either the new blue stone and gold border, or a version of the original look (i.e., new buttons, layout, and any other new features, but with the original stone and borders). And then perhaps in time other skins can be released via DLC.

Comments

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    I do think there will be request to be able to change the UI color and texture, but there's no way they start adding features like that this close to ship. I have not read anything on if the UI is even moddable.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The UI should be more easily modified than before. It might not be a simple "swap in/out" process, but it should be considerably less work involved than it is now.
  • kiroskiros Member Posts: 119
    edited November 2012
    Not really a fan of the Blue GUI look myself, so I'm hoping it will indeed be optional.
    A few modders created some excellent Stone looking GUI's that blend quite well.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    The process to replace the gui elements is pretty simple, but the scale of the task is huge.
  • DarksheerDarksheer Member Posts: 84
    edited December 2012
    Any GUI mods available yet?
    Edit: Apparently in the modding section. ^^
  • AK47AK47 Member Posts: 28
    Check the modding section, you ll find great mods
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Coriander
    What might make the process less cumbersome is if a list could be posted with all of the GUI elements that need to be created to design a new skin.

Of course, any one of us could probably do that with NearInfinity...