Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details. Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

New to BG1

13»

Comments

• WrathofreccaWrathofrecca Member Posts: 60
    Where can I expect to find him?
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,705
    @Wrathofrecca

Firewine Bridge.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,407
    Quartz said:

@Wrathofrecca

Firewine Bridge.
    And demand that you get the bottle!
    AerakarQuartz
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 519
    edited July 28
    Another Cleric spell to try which is of little importance in BG2 but is Power-game stuff in BG1 is Animate Dead. Calls @6 Skeletons that hang around for quite a while and have one particularly interesting immunity to exploit.

The default recommendation for a first-run PC has long been considered Fighter-Mage, which will continue to be a Rock-Star choice in BG2 when HLAs are activated. Choose Elf for bonus to Archery and Long Sword but Half-Elf allows you to put less than 8pts into Charisma. Min-maxed Charisma allows holding out for 12+ Wisdom that helps make Wish viable in BG2.

Another version of Fighter-Mage which many consider to be top-of-the line is Gnome Fighter/Illusionist. You get the benefit of 'shorty-saves' and Specialization benefits [loses Necromancy school]. If you get a kick out of seeing Yoda sized character dominating the "baddies", then that is a very solid choice.

You will be glad with any Fighter toon to have at least 18-51 Strngth[+2+3] and 18-76[+2+4] is not all that hard to roll, even without automatic roller.

Fighter-Mage-Thief is perhaps my favorite choice as it leads to Fighter-Thief HLAs in BG2 and I personally like having a pick-pocket, trap-setting, self-buffing hero. But it makes for very slow leveling in early game with frustrating squishiness. This is not hard to overcome with a little game knowledge that allows you to score some sweet easy XP before the meeting with Jaheira/Khalid so a good choice for later playthroughs.
    Post edited by Eadwyn_G8keeper on
    tbone1Aerakar
    Animate dead is decent in BG2, Skeleton Warriors are really good value summons.
    tbone1Aerakar
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,039
    I will back up the gnome Fighter/Illusionist. One of my favorite characters was one; she swung a two-handed sword for maximum hilarity.
    AerakarDreadKhan
    Gnomish halberdiers are funny too, for obvious reasons.
    AerakarEadwyn_G8keeper
13»