Skip to content

My Icewind Dale Party (Eventually)

ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
I don't currently have IWD:EE but I created this party in BG:EE because I couldn't wait to draft out my IWD party so here goes.

Note: There are some inside jokes from my now defunct let's play, but for the most part I try to come up with interesting material

1. Zaram Maldovar Jr
CN Human Wild Mage
Str: 9
Dex: 16
Con: 16
Int: 17
Wis: 9
Char: 13

The Son of the Hero of Baldur's Gate and his wife Neera (yes I'm aware that IWD takes place before BG but let me have my fun) the great hero was trapped in a staff by the Red Wizards and while the wizards were defeated by Zaram's Allies the staff was lost. Only a bit more level-headed than his father, Zaram is eager to go out on his 1st adventure and perhaps one day restore his father to the material world. Accompanied by his friend and bodyguard Dorn, he travels north to Easthaven where a misfit group of adventurers has been gathered for them.

"Alright, so where's the action? I want in!"

2. Dorn Il-Khan III
LE "Human" Blackguard
Str: 18/21
Dex:14
Con: 14
Int: 10
Wis: 13
Char: 16

The Son of the unlikely union of Dorn Il-Khan Jr. (Dorn) and Imoen Winthrop. He has been sent to Icewind Dale with his best friend/cousin Zaram to serve as his bodyguard/voice of reason. Much more reasonable than his father, Dorn is still prone to quick bursts of anger and a short temper. He has a made a deal with a relatively unknown devil prince in exchange for power and the restoration of his father's soul from damnation. The result of the deal was the transference of the elder Dorn's essence into a ring which allows him to occasionally focus his father's unholy wrath into his strikes. He refuses to elaborate further on other conditions of the deal and quickly changes the subject whenever it is brought up.

"The troubles of the north are of little concern to me, but any who choose to lay a hand on Zaram will feel my unholy wrath"

3. Fatso Thugargantuan (Actually The Gargantuan, but that wouldn't fit
CG Gnome Beserker
Str: 18/34
Dex: 14
Con: 16
Wis: 10
Char: 10

A gruff talking hit first-ask questions later type gnome with breathtaking anger management issues and an extremely ironic name. Despite being short even for a Gnome, Fatso's anger seems to be innate rather than being tied to comments about his size (which he typically ignores). Fatso's channels his rage into immense strength and a knack for dual-weilding war hammers but he has a habit of tiring himself out by overusing his rage ability in battle. Fatso harbors a particular dislike for those who use magic for dark purposes with a specific hatred for Necromancers. Fatso doesn't elaborate on his origins though he assures the party he's "Not from around this cold 'arse parts" and states he holds no allegiance to any gods and wishes they would mind their own business.

"All who stand in 'me way will either taste 'me hammer or taste 'me boot"

4. Xandra "Moondancer" Quickblade
CN Elven (Drow) Shadowdancer
Str: 13
Dex: 19
Con: 9
Wis: 12
Char: 18
Despite her drow heritage, Xandra claims to have no memory or knowledge of her Underdark Heritage. From what she can remember, she was found on the surface as a child and rescued from a priestess who had already slaughtered the rest of her house. She was raised by the Shadow Thief Gaelan Bayle though she eventually departed Amn following his demise at the fangs of the vampire guild raised by Bodhi. Swearing vengeance, she honed her skills as a Shadowdancer with the halls of the Order of the Dark Moon where her powers were enhanced through her worship of Shar. Returning to Athkatla only to have her vengeance robbed by Zaram Maldovar and his party she intentionally sought to hunt him down but eventually opted to take her revenge out on all creatures of undeath. Xandra makes her allegiances her business and tends to use her natural beauty and charm to get herself in and out of situations. She doesn't get into the habit of making friends, but joined Dorn and Zaram's party upon taking an interest in the troubles plaguing the Spine of the World. She is not one for trust and not one to be trusted, but her current allegiance suits her well...for now

"Living or dead, the last thing you will see is my blade in your back"

5. Grax'Lor Windhammer
NG Half-Orc Priest of Lathander
Str: 13
Dex: 13
Con: 19
Int: 5
Wis: 18
Char: 11

Hailing from Beregost, Grax'Lor was abandoned on the doorstep of the Morninglord Temple by his human mother and raised by Keldath Ormlyr in the teaching of Lathander. Eventually Keldath passed away and Grax'Lor was sent to help establish a Lathander Temple in the still recovering Saradush, though he was successful in establishing the temple with his fellows priests, he was shunned the average citizens and eventually forced out. Grax'Lor then traveled North helping whomever he could before making his way to Easthaven where he stumbled across Zaram and Dorn and agreed to join their quest to investigate the evils plaguing the Ten Towns. While not the brightest (the only word Grax'Lor can spell is his name) Grax'Lor makes up for it with his strong vitality and surprising insight.

"Me Grax'Lor, may Morninglord's light shine us all"

6. Mivaeleas Strongarrow
NG Half-Elf Archer
Str:15
Dex: 18
Con: 18
Wis: 14
Char: 12

The only member of the group to truly hail from the Ten Towns, Mivaelas was raised by Hrothgar and has lived in Easthaven most of her life, traveling between there and Kuldahar in order to hone her skills. Her mother was killed by Trolls at a young age and as such, Mivaeleas harbors a venemous hatred for the fowl creatures. Not one for words, Mivaeleas chooses not to go into any further detail about her past as it reminds her too much of the pain of loss. Eager to explore the world, Mivaeleas has been given permission from her father to join Zaram and Dorn's group, though he questions it's leadership

"Trolls are worthy of nothing more than a flaming arrow to the heart"