Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details. Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Expanded Hotkeys? (mod?)

jimmyw404jimmyw404 Member Posts: 2
Long time BG player, new EE user here. Is there any possible way to:
1. Increase the hotkey options I can bind (Ex: Bind Ctrl+W, or Num1 etc) beyond what's available in the default game?
3. Any way to bind all the mage / priest spells? Most of the good ones aren't bindable. Grease and burning hands are fine, but I'd love to bind Breach, stoneskin, greater malison, spell thrust etc.

(From my searching #2 is impossible, but maybe there's a mod?
https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/3vbwhd/baldurs_gate_enhanced_edition_hotkeys/ )

I'm excited to try the new Legacy of Bhaal mode with SCS, but the game gets really tedious at higher difficulties if you have to navigate a large spellbook. I know you can select spell slots, but 3 isn't enough and you don't get three spells with multi/dual class chars.

Thanks. Really looking forward to playing BG again.

Comments

• jimmyw404jimmyw404 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 11
    BTW: I made an autohotkey script that might help spell casting. I press a button on my mouse, and the script changes to a given spell casting page. It'd still be nice to be able to cast a given spell with one button press instead of a button press + click, but it's something.

I have it working in conjunction with my Logitech G600 where the top 6 side buttons are bound to the 6 functions here. I tried using ControlClick to avoid moving the mouse cursor around, but couldn't get it to work. C is my binding for spell casting and 1285, 1170 are the coordinates of the spellbook page right button.

I have the button 6 side buttons bound to F6->F11, which allows me to activate those spells without moving my cursor. I can press the F1->F5 keys with my left hand on the keyboard.

#NoEnv
    SendMode Input

DebugMode := 0

NumpadDiv::spellNav(0)
    NumpadMult::spellNav(1)
    NumpadSub::spellNav(2)
    NumpadAdd::spellNav(3)
    NumpadEnter::spellNav(4)
    NumpadDel::spellNav(5)

spellNav(iterations)
    {
    global