Skip to content

Expansion Packs or DLC

2»

Comments

• ZinodinZinodin Member Posts: 153
    I think DLC will be enough. There can be too much of a good thing, and also, an entire expansion could muck up the canon by branching too far off.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    @Kristie83

I never said DLC isn't/can't be an expansion pack. As a matter of fact I said "A 50 hour expansion pack, that cost $19.99 and is downloaded, qualifies as DLC."
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Frankly, I think most players who were children or teens back in the good old 90s' were more used to expansion packs. DLC just seem strange to me (us).
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259

@Kristie83

I never said DLC isn't/can't be an expansion pack. As a matter of fact I said "A 50 hour expansion pack, that cost $19.99 and is downloaded, qualifies as DLC."

Alrighty, sorry for the misunderstanding.
  • GloktaGlokta Member Posts: 97
    edited November 2012
    As long as its done right and not overpriced, it doesnt really mather to me in what form it comes it, DLC or a Expansion Pack.
    Hopefully they dont follow in EA's footsteps...

edit: Granted when i think of it expansion packs does feel more right for the era of BG, doesnt it? ;)
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    I voted for expansion pack because I want larger DLC rather than dollar here, dollar there type.
  • SharnSharn Member Posts: 188
    edited November 2012
    Oddly I picked DLC, there is only so much that can be done before BG2:EE comes out, hopefully anyway, and I don't think that leaves much time, not only for making a full expansion, but also the problems of the ever expanding level caps it would most likely cause.

DLC will be perfect for adding small quests, possibly some small areas and adding new npc's.

New content for BG2 once they get around to doing it I would much rather see in an xpac model that adds large amounts to the game.
  • SalamisSalamis Member Posts: 11
    Pardon my ignorance, but I can't find an answer to this question - is BG:EE going to include TOSC, or will that be an expansion/DLC at a later point? Thanks in advance for clarification!
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @Salamis TotSC will be included in BG:EE.
  • SalamisSalamis Member Posts: 11
    Thanks, Shin.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    DLC for higher level of customization.
  • CactusCactus Member Posts: 152
    Looks like they'll make both smaller and bigger (kind of expension packs?) DLCs:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/127040/#Comment_127040
  • ManveruManveru Member Posts: 75
    Do people know that DLC just means it's downloadable content, disregarded what size it is?
  • sterkelmsterkelm Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2012
    I would really like to see CRPG adaptations of AD&D Adventure modules in the form of DLC and/or Expansion packs. Perhaps using the party I create during The Black Pits and continuing an unrelated story from the Bhaalspawn epic. It would be great to see the Bloodstone Lands trilogy or Legacy of White Plume Mountain given the infinity engine treatment.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    The real answer is both.
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259
    Manveru said:

Do people know that DLC just means it's downloadable content, disregarded what size it is?

Yes, but what is meant here, by DLC is smaller, less expensive things like a new character or weapons or crap like that. What is meant by expansion here is something larger in size and more expensive such as a new adventure with new characters/items/etc. Something that really adds meaningful content to the game.
  • DoveberryDoveberry Member Posts: 24
    edited November 2012
    No option for "both"?
    I like my extra content any way I can get my hands on it. :D
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    Where I come from "dlc" is a swear word.