Skip to content

How to set up cross platform game?

goodoogoodoo Member Posts: 17
edited July 2017 in Troubleshooting
Hi there,

I already asked this here but I realised it belongs in the support section.

Long story short: I'm unable to set up a multi-player game - both local and online - between my client (PC v2.3.67.3) and a friend's (android tablet v1.3.2070).

Edit: I'm using the beamdog client.

He cannot connect to a game I created. I can connect to his, but get disconnected immediately. The error message says it's due to a version difference. It seems that v1.3.2070 is actually the latest Version for android so I what do I have to do? Will it work if I downgrade my PC version to match the android version? And if so, how do I do it?

Thanks for the help!
Post edited by goodoo on

Comments

• goodoogoodoo Member Posts: 17
    edited July 2017
    Hi there I'm having trouble setting up a game over LAN.

I'm playing the PC version and a friend is playing on an android tablet. He is unable to connect to my game. I can find his game via direct connection, but get disconnected immediatly. The error message states, that the versions are different and indeed the game shows v2.3.67.3 for me and v1.3.2070 for my friend. I haven't been able to update the android version. Do I have to downgrade and if so, how do I do it?

Edit: I am using the beamdog client.

Thanks for the help.
    Post edited by goodoo on
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    If you have the game on Steam, you can downgrade to v1.3. Then at least the versions are matching.
    If you have the game on a different platform (Beamdog, GoG) you might want to check this topic.