Skip to content

Redeeming purchases from Steam

Hi there!

So I've been kind of vexed by this, but I'm looking for a way to use the Beamdog Client instead of Steam for my Beamdog games. I don't want to have to purchase them again, I just want to use a different client to manage them. I know Beamdog and Steam use different folder structures, I have no problem uninstalling the Steam copy and re-installing using the Beamdog client. However, on the OS X Beamdog Client v2.1.2 and v2.1.3 the only buttons I have on game pages are Buy Now and Options, and all the Options items in the sub-menu are greyed out.

Is there a way to perhaps retrieve the keys from my Steam account to redeem on my Beamdog account? Or are there plans to put the physical copy button on the OS X Beamdog Client, and would that work to confirm I have indeed purchased the games - thereby flagging my account for access to the clients through the Beamdog Client?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Best,
anhourglassmage

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    You might try and mail support@beamdog.com to see if this is possible.
  • anhourglassmageanhourglassmage Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for the feedback, I have now submitted an e-mail to that group. I was hoping there might be something simple I was overlooking, we'll see what they say back :)