Skip to content

Im on the fence - which stronghold should i aim for

Im cleric mage multi - which stronghold is more worth it...

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Cleric stronghold gives more experience, I think... IF you play it right according to your respective alignment. Mage stronghold gives you the opportunity to get a few exclusive items.
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    I will allow myself to hijack this thread XD I was wondering about something similar myself recently, but I couldn't find any good answer other than 2 polls.

Is there a thread or other place that compares strongholds? XP-wise and item-wise?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    FWIW I find the wizard stronghold to be the second worst as far as interesting quests go. Cleric's is fairly short, but it has quests that fit well rp wise and has a bit of variety.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    For me, the cleric stronghold just takes precedence over the mage's, unless I imagine the cleric to worship a different deity than the limited number of strongholds provide. Then it is the mage that wins out, regardless of reward. But then I usually play any cleric multi more driven by the cleric side.
    I reckon it just depends if you like RPing a character concept more or just fun/ exp out of the stronghold.

Given all that the wizard SH was just not as satisfying as the cleric SH.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,314
    If you want the chance to get a Staff of Power, you need to take the mage stronghold.
  • Joan_DaroJoan_Daro Member Posts: 112
    If you are not roleplaying then I suggest the mage's, just to get the ring, which means one more project image, one more abi-dalzim, and one more improved alacrity.
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited August 2017
    Cleric gains the unique ring for clerics as reward without doing the stronghold. Do the mage stronghold.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    But you have to kill some of the apprentices for the good stuff D:
  • Joan_DaroJoan_Daro Member Posts: 112
    ThacoBell said:

But you have to kill some of the apprentices for the good stuff D:

Well yeah one of them will die if you want that ring, so if you are playing a really good character you may not want to do that.