Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details. Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Not able to play the games without internet now using Beamdog Client?

thespacethespace Member Posts: 987
I've noticed that after switching to using Beamdog Client I can no longer play any of my games (I've got them all), except IWD, which still works, without internet access. Is this going to stay like this? As much as I like the Client interface, I'm not a fan of needing to have internet access to play a game already on my computer.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 15,398
    edited August 9
    Make sure you are using the most up to date version of the client (it should be called "Beamdog Client" and not "Beamdog Experience"). You should be able to play them without internet access. I just tried launching them from the exe from the folders and they worked.

Also the client itself has an offline mode (though having it active as far as I'm aware isn't necessary).
    JuliusBorisov
  • thespacethespace Member Posts: 987
    I do have the most current version: 2.1.3. When I installed Client I deleted all of the games and reinstalled them using Client, and now I can't even find the exe files anywhere (I'm using a Mac). As stated, IWD is still playable through Client in offline mode, just not the others.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 15,398
    The launch files/install folders for mac I think would be in Users/Username/Beamdog Library
    thespaceJuliusBorisov
  • thespacethespace Member Posts: 987
    edited August 9
    Thank you. I seemed to have found them all except Siege. Icewind Dale has 2, one in 00799 and one in 00801. Actually, I did just find Siege's. It just happens to look like the regular BG insignia too, instead of the dragon head.
    JuliusBorisov