Skip to content

References.

SecriaSecria Member Posts: 85
I don't know if you know already but some of the original characters make references to things like.. well Khalid for example references Porky Pig and Chia Pet. Alora and Xzar reference Ren and Stimpy, with the Happy Happy Joy Joy song. Xzar quotes J. Robert Oppenheimer. Shar-Teel references Arnold Schwarzenegger in Predator and Eldoth quotes Oscar Wilde. The list goes on.

Well, I was hoping for that the new characters would also do this, though I have a feeling that they won't.

It's been bothering me so I decided to write about it.

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Aye, it's fairly well known and there's been a few threads attempting to gather the various in-game (pop)cultural references to greater and lesser degrees, some of them were quite extensive.

As for the new characters I wouldn't be surprised if something along those lines were included, but we'll see quite soon.
  • SecriaSecria Member Posts: 85
    @Shin

I'm hoping. It's silly, maybe, but I *like* silly.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    There's at least one silly thing. Makes me giggle every time.
  • KietzelKietzel Member Posts: 40
    xzar also quotes hannibal lecter! xD
    "I ate his liver with a nice Chianti and some fava beans."
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    Not sure if its what you're looking for but Firkraag in Baldur's Gate 2 voiced by Jim Cummings, (who also voices Minsc among many other people) can be heard saying "Oh Bother" which is a reference to Winnie the Pooh, as that is another person Jim voices.
    @Kietzel

Oh, I know. I even know that's not a direct quote. It's "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti." in the movie.
    @sepotter

That I've missed, but I usually don't bring good-aligned characters with me.

But no, I'm not looking, I want the new characters in the Enhanced Edition to do these things too.