Skip to content

Bg3 Minsc spinoff idea

Hi all read a lot of posts about bg3 and where they could possibly go, a lot of people saying the bhaalspawn story line has finished which I agree with which was a fitting end to the story. I would like to see a spin off of the saga with one of the most beloved characters of the series Minsc! If you have ever read the tob ending for him it sounds a very interesting tale indeed, becoming a hero in his homeland and travelling back to the ice dragon berserker lodge and creating his own party called the justice fist ! Only issue I see is the current level of the character I.e level 40 god mode would need some truly terrifying opponents indeed. Let me know what you think guys !
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    Part of the charm of BG is creating your own character...
    Erinne
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    It was worse enough that some cringy 5e D&D comic made him time travel into the future. Having a second 'Minsc Encore' would be nothing but a ruined running gag that grew cold years ago. No thanks. I would say the same with any other BG character as well. Let them rest already...
    Erinne
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Having Minsc appear again in and on itself does not sound bad to me. I actually found the comic entertaining and the way franchises seem to work, there is no way they would make a comic that 'promotes' a past edition of the game.

Now that he's part of the current present age, anyways, they can just as well use him in a PC game again. As far as cameos in general are concerned, I just prefer them to be rare and special. *IF* Minsc were to appear in a new game in some way, it should be only him (and Boo), not half of the cast of the BG series, as well.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Can Minsc just drive around in a van solving problems in this game? And by solving, I mean completely failing to.