Skip to content

Am I Dorn?

I just imported my save from SoD and woke up in Irenicus dungeon. Now, my charname is dropping lines from Dorn or some other drow that sounds extremely like Dorn. Any idea why this is and how to stop it? Thanks.

Comments

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    I'm not so sure about the soul line being spoken by Dorn, but in any case those lines don't belong there. I have no idea how to fix it though, perhaps one of the site moderators do.
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    I had similar happen to me in the past, i think it's because some files get corrupted, likely due to Mods being installed. I had to uninstall then reinstall and be super-careful with the order i put my mods back on in, it was fine after that.
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    ThacoBell said:

Were you using one of the new SoD voice files for your character? BG2 doesn't have those files, so its drawing from random voice strings. If this is the case, then simply changing your characters voiceset will fix it.

Yeah, that's what happened to me just yesterday. Any way to add those voices to BG2?
  • RideratRiderat Member Posts: 136
    Cool, changing the voice seems to have worked. Thanks
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Shikao said:

ThacoBell said:

Were you using one of the new SoD voice files for your character? BG2 doesn't have those files, so its drawing from random voice strings. If this is the case, then simply changing your characters voiceset will fix it.

Yeah, that's what happened to me just yesterday. Any way to add those voices to BG2?
    If you're on PC someone posted a way in the awesome soundest thread in the modding section.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    I find it hillarious that your female char utters those overly sinister lines in a male voice. This is the evil voice of Bhaal coming out uf your character's mouth. :smile:
  • RideratRiderat Member Posts: 136
    @Calmar exactly that. For the first time i had imported a char from SoD into BG2. When I heard the voice and lines, I immediately thought that I have made some bad choices in the previous game, and I'm slowly turning into slayer.