Skip to content

Daggerfall Bard

VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
edited August 2017 in Off-Topic
Hello once again~

So I watched Zaric Zhakaron's daggerfall video (as suggested by @ShapiroKeatsDarkMage ) and it made me want to give this another attempt.

I'm going to play a smooth talking Khajiit Bard (Custom Class though)

and this is what I got

Base Attributes before rolling
Str 40
Int 50
Will 40
Agi 60
End 40
Per 60
Spd 50
LCK 60

Max HP per level: 20

Primary Skills
Streetwise
Etiquette
Archery or Short Blade?

Major Skills
Stealth
Mercantile
Illusion

Minor Skills (This is where I'm most unsure)
Spriggan
Dryad
Orcish or Dodging?
Mysticism
Restoration
Thaumaturgy

Special Advantages:
Expertise in Missile Weapons (or short blade depending what my primary is)
Increased Magery x3
Acute Hearing

Special Disadvantages:
Forbidden Weapon Axe
Forbidden Weapon Blunt
Forbidden Armor Plate
Forbidden Kite Shield
Forbidden Tower Shield
Forbidden Round Shield

I know the whole
Critical Weakness to Poison/Disease/Paralysis and then Immunity to Magic Exploit but I can't think of why a smooth talking Khajiit Bard would be immune to spells RP-wise. So any adjustments I should make? I would rather be like a D&D bard as much as possible but if I have to power game to make the game better than I'll do it.
Post edited by Vallmyr on
ShapiroKeatsDarkMage

Comments

• ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    For the moment, i suggest to start with guild questing before doing the main quest. But bè careful, Daggerfall dungeons are ludicrously large and labyrinthian.
    Vallmyr
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    Yeah, from the video it seems I should get the recall spell ASAP. I decided to go Orcish and Archery since I've never played an archer before in an Elder Scrolls game. I plan to keep the ebony dagger of course as my prime melee weapon.

Do skills that arne't your primary, major, or misc level up still? Like do I need short blade anywhere or will I be fine with it as a non-skill?
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Vallmyr said:

Yeah, from the video it seems I should get the recall spell ASAP. I decided to go Orcish and Archery since I've never played an archer before in an Elder Scrolls game. I plan to keep the ebony dagger of course as my prime melee weapon.

Do skills that arne't your primary, major, or misc level up still? Like do I need short blade anywhere or will I be fine with it as a non-skill?

Yes, your lesser skills still level up. Also the sacred rules to succeed in Daggerfall are these:
    1. Get the ebony dagger.
    2. Get the ebony dagger.
    3. GET THE EBONY DAGGER!