Skip to content

MOD REQUEST: Better or Immortal Familiars

Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
Hi I was wondering if it is possible to make familiars progress in level alongside their masters so that they can actually be used in game without a high risk factor instead of simply being a hp boost permanently tucked inside a backpack away from harm. Is there already a mod for this that I have overlooked perhaps?

I always love using the familiar at the start of BG but its just not safe enough to use them beyond Candlekeep for fear of an imminent one-hit-death that awaits in every conflict.

It would be amazing if there was a full blown familiar upgrade mod that allows them to level up and perhaps make the con loss temporary where you're able to re-cast the spell after a certain amount of time. Also, (and I'm probably pushing too far with this hehe) it would be awesome if you could name your familiar upon summoning.

Failing all that I'd be content with a mod that simply makes them immortal but fall unconscious when reduced to 1hp or under circumstances that would normally induce death (like finger of death) at least we could then let the poor creatures out to breath now n then.
JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehrThacoBell

Comments

• AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    Doesn't @Salk have a familiars mod on G3?
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    I was lookin at that earlier after I posted but it seems its not compatible with EE or at least that was what was said in one of his posts.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    More Style For Mages by @Pecca has a familiar component that does most of the above, including custom names. I worked with useful familiars in mind when I made my Shadow Adept mod and did the 1hp thing for a death condition. These mods might pique your interest.
    Mush_MushThacoBellStummvonBordwehrGusinda
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    oh interesting, I'll check it out, thanks!