Skip to content

Do cursed scrolls of Summon Monster exist in IWD?

chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
And generally cursed scrolls. I'm making an item effect similar to that, but haven't played enough to know. Wouldn't want it to crash the game.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    nope, there were no cursed scrolls in IWDEE, when I made my IWDEE mod, I had to import them in from BGEE
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    So IWD:EE supports opcode 127, "Summon monsters", and its 2DA files? That's what the cursed scroll uses. Or did you do it another way? I mean, the 2DA files monsters are drawn from may be BG-specific. There are hobgoblins, gnolls... I don't know if their animations even exist in IWD:EE, let alone those CRE files.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    you may have to make the specific 2DA file for the monsters that come from the scroll, although you may luck out because it seems that IWDEE copy and pasted a lot of it's 2da files from bg1 & 2,

and for animations you are in luck, all creature animations from bg1 & 2 are in IWD so you don't have to worry about that, it's just the IWD 2 animations that aren't ( and even then, if you want to add IWD 2 animations in, you can just use NI to import the animation .bam files from IWD 2 and then add a couple of lines to some .2da files in IWDEE and you will be able to use the IWD 2 animations )

and as for creature files, you may have to just make them ( if you want to use something different than what's being used for the scroll)

I just checked my EE keeper for IWD and I see that I have the cursed scroll in my game, and if im not mistaken I don't recall doing a lot of craziness to getting it to work, because as I said before, IWDEE has a lot of the BG 1 & 2 .2da files in it,

but that was last year I believe when I made that mod ( and it was a huge one ) so im not 100 % sure if you have to do some .2da fiddling to make it work, but if I had to bet money, I would say that you should be good, just import the .itm and .bam file into your IWD override ( from BG1EE ) and you should be good to go