Skip to content

Playing D&D Next Online

2»

Comments

• AviiAvii Member Posts: 34
    Ok, those willing to DM please PM me and we can discuss groups and how to torture our players the most efficiently.
  • PairdicePairdice Member Posts: 15
    Hi, I've played every edition of D&D since around AD&D 2.5. I've enjoyed 3.5 and 4E. I haven't played in about a year, and I am interested in gaming over VOIP like Skype or Vent. I would be interested in joining a D&D Next game.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Avii said:

I was thinking weekly skype. That way everyone speaks in character and really roleplay. I am doing a demo game with some friends tonight to see how it goes. I would be willing to DM a few sessions but I'd really like someone to take the helm after we get this rolling. Anyone willing to bear this burden to our rping Mordor?

Thats sounds really good, I'd much rather do it over skype. Never played DnD next though - can you link the source material?
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    https://app.roll20.net/sessions/new

You guys should check this out, got recommended it by Josh Sawyer during an Obsidian Live Stream DnD session. Looks pretty awesome.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    ajwz said:

Avii said:

I was thinking weekly skype. That way everyone speaks in character and really roleplay. I am doing a demo game with some friends tonight to see how it goes. I would be willing to DM a few sessions but I'd really like someone to take the helm after we get this rolling. Anyone willing to bear this burden to our rping Mordor?

Thats sounds really good, I'd much rather do it over skype. Never played DnD next though - can you link the source material?
    It's currently being playtested and constantly changing. You can sign up for to DL the latest test packet here:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/DnDNext.aspx
  • AviiAvii Member Posts: 34
    OK gunna ask again, anyone else besides @LordsDarkKnight185 interested in DMing to please PM. Then we can tally up the players and divide em into groups.
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    I ran a D&D 3.5 game online using Skype and Gametable for a short time before schedules just didn't mesh anymore. We had a forum for between session softplay, too. It worked out pretty well while it lasted.

That said, if the scheduling works out, I'm game to game xD

Gametable used to be a downloadable program for Java, but seems it is becoming something else . . . though I do still have the old version I used in the past. Let me know if you want to use it. It was basically a Chat + Map program. It was very simple, but worked. It had a grid you could draw maps on and pogs to use for characters and NPCs and two layers, so that you could prepare stuff in advance and just click on it to make it appear when you wanted it to. Had built in dice roller, too!
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    Somebody brought up roll20.net in another thread.
  • BigityBigity Member Posts: 98
    What's D&D Next?
  • theJoshFrosttheJoshFrost Member Posts: 171
    Bigity said:

What's D&D Next?

The next iteration of D&D.

http://www.wizards.com/DnD/DnDNext.aspx
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Bigity said:

What's D&D Next?

I think it's the sequel to D&D previous.
  • CashmereCashmere Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in joining a d&d next game!