Skip to content

Which mod is this -- NPC catch-up levelling

EndaarEndaar Member Posts: 19
Just a quick question... one of the mods I have installed allows for NPCs that you take into your party to "catch-up" on levelling, if you got them later in the game or dumped them off for a while and then they re-joined. Could anyone tell me what mod in particular is doing this? I don't have a very long list, but I was not able to find any literature about this feature in their respective readmes : BG1NPC project, SCS, BG1 Unfinished Business, ankheg armor mod, BG1 classic movies mod.

Thanks!

Comments

• KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    It's EE behavior and unrelated to your mods.
  • EndaarEndaar Member Posts: 19
    Thanks @Kurona! I don't suppose there's any way to disable it if I wanted to?
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    You need to edit the override scripts of every party member with Near Infinity to remove or disable the block dealing with this. They're named things like "Edwin.bcs" or "Coran.bcs" and the blocks look like this:
    IF
    	Global("BD_JOINXP","LOCALS",0)
    	InParty(Myself)
    	XPGT(Player1,31999)
    	XPLT(Myself,32000)
    THEN
    	RESPONSE #100
    		SetInterrupt(FALSE)
    		SetGlobal("BD_JOINXP","LOCALS",1)
    		ChangeStat(Myself,XP,32000,SET)
    		AddSpecialAbility("SPWI119") // Larloch's Minor Drain
    		AddSpecialAbility("SPWI205") // Horror
    		AddSpecialAbility("SPWI211") // Melf's Acid Arrow
    		AddSpecialAbility("SPWI212") // Mirror Image
    		AddSpecialAbility("SPWI305") // Haste
    		AddSpecialAbility("SPWI309") // Monster Summoning I
    		SetInterrupt(TRUE)
    END
    You need to do it yourself because my own scripts are likely very different than yours due to mods. There's probably a way to automate it in a compatible way with Weidu but my Weidu-fu is lacking, to say the least.