Skip to content

Cannot save windows 10

Ok yes I have done a search I have looked around I have tried all the fixes nothing works. I have uninstalled reinstalled changed permissions and everything and I still cannot save the game. This is a clean install of windows 10 as well a brand new PC I have been trying for the last couple of days. Has anyone else recently had this problem?

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,317
    I doubt if this is a Windows 10 issue. Going right back to vanilla BG the game would sometimes not save. Normally I think this was because something in the game was trying to interact with you - for instance you might walk past someone with a scripted conversation without ever noticing them, but the fact that they are following you trying to talk means you can't save the game.

When this happens you can get round it by doing a party-required area transition. The game makes an auto-save when you do that, so you can reload from the auto-save (and doing that resets scripts such that whatever interaction was blocking your save attempts is likely to be resolved).
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    edited September 2017
    If you're in Candlekeep, and you killed Carbos, sometimes the monk that is supposed to spawn and talk to you will not do so, and then you will be unable to save until you leave Candlekeep because a non-entity is searching for you and is scripted to start a conversation, but he doesn't actually exist.

You can get him to appear by killing Shank and then both scripted monks will spawn in and talk to you.
  • DraconianKangDraconianKang Member Posts: 5
    Unfortunately nothing saves manual auto no saves period. I even tried to make a character and export it and that did not work. :(