Skip to content

New english spoken conversations in non-english language versions

theoricustheoricus Member Posts: 115
I have a question to BG:EE developers - how are you going to address the issue of new english spoken conversations in non-english language versions of BG:EE? I'm pretty concerned, because it might be somewhat annoying to listen - for example - to polish voices in 90% of the game content and to english voices in the remaining 10%.

Are you going to disable new untranslated content in non-english language versions by default? At least please provide an in-game option allowing to do that...

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I can't speak for the developers, but I believe the plan is that in the Options menu you'll choose which voice-overs you want to hear.

If you choose English, you get all the old English voice-work and the new BGEE stuff.

If you choose Polish, you'll only get the old Polish voice-work since they only did new voices in English.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    So, new character voices are in English only? What a dissapointment.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @ZelgadisGW

I can see why it would be a disappointment for you, but I don't think its something unexpected. Even big companies often times don't localize voiceovers (look at SE, most of their games only have Japanese and English), and Overhaul is very far from being a big company.
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    Yup. This sucks monkey-balls allright.