Skip to content

Offline play.

Hello all,

I've been reading these forums for a bit in anticipation of the coming remake. There is still one thing I am wondering about:
Will this BG:EE be available to play offline, as you could do with the original version. Or will it be like Diablo 3, where you allways need to have internet?

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but my forum searches yielded nothing. Maybe I should've gathered my party before venturing forth!

Thanks in advance, Zabasm.

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Its the same as the original, the default method of play is offline.

The only thing you'll need a connection for is to download the game and then activate the installation, after that you won't ever need to connect to the internet to play the game (though you should check for patches).
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    You ONLY need to be online to install it and update it, after that its 100% offline
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Ugh. No more Diablo 3 references please... Or as I call it, "Diablo 3: Grind Until Your Eyes Bleed and Then Realize the Best Items Are Created by Blizzard in the Real Money Auction House".

I think that's the full title.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    I cancelled my Diablo 3 pre order after playing the beta. Always online requirement killed it for me, and everything seemed inferior to Torchlight, Path of Exile and Sacred 2.

Though yes Path of Exile is an online game that requires constant internet connection, its also free to play which made me check it out, and I paid for a supporter pre order pack to fund the game even if it barely runs on my connection because its awesome.
  • ZabasmZabasm Member Posts: 1
    Thank you all for the comments. I'm really glad to hear that I can play it offline. I kinda expected it, but with the silly online single player games nowadays you can never be sure.