Skip to content

Help a noob build a Wild Mage?

13»

Comments

• alithegreatalithegreat Member Posts: 24
    Well i played BG2 with my imported paladin and a brand new Wild mage years before (10+). Havent stepped into BG2EE yet. I am now playing BG:EE with a wild mage in my party. With these experience;
    (most possibly mentioned this way or another)

Nahal is incredibly potent, and actually quite reliable with shields , on higher levels. I remember memorizing just that for all my 1 lvl spell slots on BG2.
    You can cast known, not memorized spells, spells higher than your level.

I Try to cast spells without damage compenents with Nahal, in case of ( caster becomes target,area effect etc) .
    Party friendly spells ( that you cant target party members even if you want to ) are still friendly if target changes via Wild surge. ( Slow, horror etc)

In BG:EE it seems you start with Improved Chaos Shield even though you are not at appropriate level. (bug? )
    You can cast improved chaos shield first with a reckless dweamor. If you are lucky at this wild surge, rest will be safer.

Cast somewhat away from party ( in case of Sunburst, caster becomes target, fireball,etc)
    If some surge targets you, mostly you still have a chance for a saving throw. And if you have an affect that can stop bad affects, they will apply. Using some protective spells can help. ( Shield, blur,mirror image etc. )

Its Fun! :
    I remember casting Wish on BG2 With Nahal and getting Area Effect... 5 wish at the same time!
    Again I got area effect simulacrum BG2.. for whole party!
    ... casted Chromatic Orb With area effect, pretty much killed anything around :D (BGEE) 2 from us :'(
    .. killed someone with a Cow.

So wild mage is a must in my opinion. There is no way you can see these kind of things in game without it. Good luck!