Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Minsc's AI spell casting

ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
Hello, I decided to change Minsc to a cleric/ranger as I needed a backup divine caster to Viconia, and I like him in my current party setup. However, the EE script bdminscc seems to ignore the spells from the cleric side. It's not a huge issue, but was curious if I could tweak his script to recognize the spells. Thoughts?

Edit: to anyone curious, my justification is Boo grants him the spells bwhahahah

Comments

• DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421

Hello, I decided to change Minsc to a cleric/ranger as I needed a backup divine caster to Viconia, and I like him in my current party setup. However, the EE script bdminscc seems to ignore the spells from the cleric side. It's not a huge issue, but was curious if I could tweak his script to recognize the spells. Thoughts?

Edit: to anyone curious, my justification is Boo grants him the spells bwhahahah

the only thing Boo grants are little black pellets in Minsc pocket...

ReadingRamboMortianna
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,175
    You could change him to a cleric script. That might work a little better for you.

ReadingRambo
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    edited October 2017
    Lol well after playing a bit with him like that I decided it was a bit cheesy and changed him back. Instead I went and picked up Mazzy and turned her into a fighter/cleric and moved her pips from shortbow to sling. Fits much better, and my party feels complete now!

I've got

Aldan (half-elf fighter-mage)
    Korgan
    Minsc
    Viconia
    Mazzy
    flex spot (all NPCs for their quests and then Yoshimo to Spellhold), evenutally Immy.

I'm playing on Legacy of Bhaal with some mods, as well as a few custom items i made with Near Infinity to make things less frustrating.

For ToB I cant decide who to switch for Sarevok, but thats quite a ways off. I'll probably start a new game before I get there lmao. Most likey Minsc, as except for Imoen, he's the only one I've beaten TOB with in this party. Over a decade of playing the game about every year or so and I've only gotten there a few times haha. I have OCD restart-itis.

Here's a pic of my group

https://gyazo.com/7a45a61b29396ffe1553921de38a1dc4

Post edited by ReadingRambo on