Skip to content

Thoughts - magic-heavy party

CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
Thoughts on these:
Aerie, Jan Jensen, Jaheira, Anomen, Nalia, Charname bard

How would you build your own magic party

Comments

• DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    Jan since there are no other good thiefs.
    Cernd , every party needs a Dog.
    Anomen, Fallen.
    Edwin.
    and CHARNAME.

one slot for temporary companions.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    edited October 2017
    Anomen, at least the Anomen who passes to knighthood, is a darn good tank.

Jan is the best thief in the game, given his skills and overall availability.

Aerie can be a beast, depending on how you use her. She’s also a Mage who can wear a helmet and a shield and other items. Possibly the most versatile NPC in the game, truth to tell.

Jaheira is solid. Her Druid level progression is slow, but high level Druid spells make her a good tank, a good second-line fighter, and a good spell disrupter with darts.

Think of Nalia, not as a thief->Mage, but as a Mage who can shoot arrows. That means she doesn’t need spells to be useful in 99% of the combats (though the spells often help, of course). I tend to use her as my debuffer.

My current run consists of my fighter dualed to a cleric, Jaheira, Jan, and Nalia. I will be adding Aerie shortly, then Imoen eventually. It’s a darn solid group.
  • ValciValci Member Posts: 35
    edited October 2017
    Since I mostly play neutral/evil parties it would likely include Haer'Dalis, Jan, Vikky, Neera and Edwin... But my parties are generally not very magic heavy. Once I get to BG2 (currently in SoD) with my avenger I will probably go with Jan, Haer, Vikky, Korgan and Dorn...