Skip to content

Guides for evil play through

drjekldrjekl Member Posts: 35
Are there any guides for an evil play through of BGEE that people could recommend?

Comments

• majinsnakemajinsnake Member Posts: 113
    www.gamefaqs.com

There are guides on there, but i don't know about for evil characters.
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    for me a evil play through just changes that i have to kill some innocent alone dude from time to time cause my people don't like good store prices...
  • ValciValci Member Posts: 35
    edited October 2017
    I usually just try to steal something in plain sight, move to the door and wait for the flaming fist. then u offer to bribe them for -1 rep and our the door I go before they can attack me. I usually like to keep my reputation around 8 or so. I don't usually slaughter ppl for no reason cause my character is not that sort of evil (not a psychopath) but I will when they cross the line with me or its pars of a quest (like the archaeological dig thing)... it's tricky to roleplay a non-psycho in BG though cause of the way the system is designed though... there is no way to reliably get negative rep without being a psychotic murderer and there is no parallel "infamy" track for evil characters...
    Post edited by Valci on
  • drjekldrjekl Member Posts: 35
    edited October 2017
    In regards to playing evil, I more concerned abut the order to pick up my team in the context of progressing the story and any side quests the evil NPCs might have. I wanted to have my PC ranger/cleric, Dorn or Shar-Teel (not sure which character is more fun), Kagain, Viconia, Edwin, and for a thief either Imoen or Coran (again which character is more fun). Though 1 guide I'm reading says to dual Shar-Teel to thief. The guide I'm reading also says if you pick them up at later levels its a bad idea because they will have less HP and to pick them up as soon as possible. Right now its just my PC and Imoen at level 2. My PC's charisma is 18, so I dont think I will need to keep my reputation low to keep the team together?
  • BigfishBigfish Member Posts: 367
    drjekl said:

The guide I'm reading also says if you pick them up at later levels its a bad idea because they will have less HP and to pick them up as soon as possible.

Latest patch of the game has character join at low level with an equivalent amount of xp as yourself, so you don't have to worry about low HP or bad skill picks.

drjekl
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    Bigfish said:

drjekl said:

The guide I'm reading also says if you pick them up at later levels its a bad idea because they will have less HP and to pick them up as soon as possible.

Latest patch of the game has character join at low level with an equivalent amount of xp as yourself, so you don't have to worry about low HP or bad skill picks.

ye companions now join with up to 32 000 xp and you can level them up yourself. no more crappy HP rolls or odd stat choices.
    drjekl
  • drjekldrjekl Member Posts: 35
    Thanks Bigfish and DevardKrown. So it doesn't matter what level I pick any NPC's up.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    solo gnome fighter/illusionist. Murder everyone. Depopulate Beregost and Nashkel
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    A strange question but clarify it a little more. What part of the evil play through would you want a guide on: NPC's, quests, reply choices, etc. ? Evil is as evil does. In BG it's more reputation based and less alignment based.
    There is a mod over at G3 with a bardic reputation system you might like.
    http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg1npc/
    "The BG1NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment
    This component places three Bards in three inns scattered on the Sword Coast. Each can be hired to spread your fearsome reputation around, decreasing your reputation. The amount of money this costs is dependent on your current reputation. This allows players to manipulate reputation both upwards through temple donations, and downwards through the spread of rumors (for those of us who hate killing an innocent just to keep neutral NPCs happy). "
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    For BG2 I would recommend the Atweaks mod component which gives decent rewards for evil quest resolutions.