Skip to content

Druid Shapeshifter~?

spend some time Musing and testing our all favorite DogDruid , but couldn't find any info's on the greater Werewolf's paws and as what magic weapon they count.

loading up the basic werewolf spell in EEKeeper says it hits as +2
the greater werewolf has no such info :I

Comments

• ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    They count as +3, if you are referring to Shapeshifter rebalancing mod. I can't remember what vanilla is, I think it is only +1 or 2.
    tbone1
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
    only +2 in vanilla.
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    yeah it's a bit weird how the claw works, i ended up using near infinity to change a lot of the bonuses around. Mine is a +6 claw doing 2d6 base damage, adds +3 Str/dex/con instead of setting to fixed numbers (which sucked in ToB when you have higher Str than the claw was setting), also removed the silly +45 HP's it adds which was pretty nuts on top of the 25 con and 3 HP/s regen. The drawback is Cernd is pretty gimped as his base stats are really low, so with just +3 str/dex/con he's still very weak w/o a Str Belt or the Ogre gloves.

At some point i might try and make a proper mod where i use a Robe to simulate the shapeshift + stats/resists/immunity to normal weapons plus a claw and maybe a Bite that just act as weapons, that way you can remain in wolf form and use any weapons you wish in combination with, or instead of, the claw/bite. I made my current claw able to be used in main or offhand and count as a 1h dagger, but it still pops me out of wolf form if i use a 2h weapon obviously, which is why i am thinking a Robe for the transformation item is a better idea.
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    Referring to the Current BG2 EE no mods , version 2.3.67.3. just being curious and not trying to mod the game since i want to play him in a Multiplayer run. but i guess i can handle most with a +2 enchant and for the rest i use the Crimson dart and in ToB just chug energy blades until they yell stop.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Yeah a common theme with the Druid kits is that they lose their individuality into ToB, where their best strategy turns into slinging spells, which all the kits can do at equally well at epic levels. Yes, I'm including Avengers, their bonus spells are much better at early/mid game, as the high level druid spells just totally outclass anything else.
  • malachi151malachi151 Member Posts: 152
    Avengers are still the best out of them if for no other reason than Improved Invisibility.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    ThacoBell said:

Yeah a common theme with the Druid kits is that they lose their individuality into ToB, where their best strategy turns into slinging spells, which all the kits can do at equally well at epic levels. Yes, I'm including Avengers, their bonus spells are much better at early/mid game, as the high level druid spells just totally outclass anything else.

Do you really think druid spells can compete with mage spells? Seems questionable to me. I'd favour a Bard vs a Druid 1 vs 1, even without using higher level scrolls. Then again, at some levels maybe the Druid could win; once it can use insect swarm or chaos, end of BG1 levels. Until the Bard can cast Spell Immunity it has a bit of a vulnurability.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    My druids have never lost to any mage of any level once they get level 5 spells. You can chump everything from coweled wizards to liches with insect swarm and/or nature's beauty. A mage will only win if they get the drop on the druid and can pull off a time stop. Something that I have never let a mage do.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I used NI to edit shapeshifter's paws as well : slashing damage instead of piercing (they're claws, not spears!) And greater werewolf's to hit as +3.

In fact, I have just finished bg1/sod with a shapeshifter and it made me feel it's quite balanced . In bg2 i intend to take jaheira as the only fighter so I suppose I'll have to assume the frontlines with her which means more shapeshifting opportunities.
    Of course that it's not perfect, specially in SoA where enemies are tougher, but you just need to give him the right potions/buffs before a harder battle , not to mention that his armor class (AC+dexterity) benefits from magic items as well :)