I'm working on a NPC, and created a new kit to fit him. Without further ado, here are the mod features:
A brand new kit, that will be available for PC (justifying it roleplay-wise might be a tad complicated though) but is mostly meant for the NPC:
Class description: The Weavescale Sorcerers is a secretive organisation of Mystra-worshipping sorcerers. Most of their members are Neutral individuals who left the Yuan-ti ever-scheming society to study magic for the sake of the Art, but humans may become Weavescale Sorcerers if they undergo the transformation to become Tainted Ones. Weavescale Sorcerers have their own set of rituals, which give them a better control over their magic abilities, slightly limiting them in the process.
• Can only be Human, and on Character Creation, changes Race to Yuan-Ti and grants Scale Armor: -2 bonus to AC, +2 bonus to Constitution
• Arcana Burst: A Weavescale Sorcerer can cast Arcana Burst once per day per 2 levels. Arcana Burst drains a spell from the Weavescale Sorcerer (of the highest level may still cast) to deal stunning (Non-lethal) damage equal to 1d4 per level up to 20d4 at level 20 to a single target. The target may save vs spells for half damage. Once the Weavescale Sorcerer has obtained Elemental Mastery, may choose what type of damage Arcana Burst deals. Arcana Burst is considered to be a spell of the highest level the Weavescale Sorcerer can cast. Casting time is 1, range is 30 feet.
• Elemental Mastery: From level 7 on, a Weavescale Sorcerer can alter its spells to change the type of damage they deal. This affects all damaging spells, except innate ones and spells that deal physical damage. Upon casting them, the Weavescale Sorcerer will have to choose between Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire and Sonic (Non-lethal). Aside from the damaging part, the spell will behave exactly as the original, should it have any extra effect or allow a saving throw. If the original spell deals Magic damage, the Weavescale Sorcerer may also choose magic damage.
• Arcane Reach: From level 9 on, a Weavescale Sorcerer is able to shape its magic so that its touch spells and touch melee magical weapon (example: Vampiric Touch, Imprisonment, …) have a longer range than that of an ordinary sorcerer. This bonus is passive and affects every touch spell. At level 9, the range of these spells is 10 feet, increasing to 20 at level 14, and then to 30 at level 19.
• Counterspell Mastery: From level 20, every spell-deflecting ability now returns the spell to the sender rather than just deflecting it.
• Lower Elemental Resistance: From level 9, and then once every 4 levels, the Weavescale Sorcerer may cast Lower Elemental Resistance. may then choose from 4 elements (Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire) and a target. The target will have its corresponding resistance lowered by 10 (+1 per level)% for 5 turns. This spell offers no saving throw, bypasses magic resistance, and may lower the resistance below 0, effectively increasing the damage dealt to the target.
• Custom HLA table:
o May not choose the HLAs that give extra spellcasts
o May not choose Improved Alacrity
o May choose Scaletatoo of Speed once: Passively reduces casting time by one.
o May choose Seal of Spellfury once: Once per day, the Weavescale Sorcerer may cast spells with no delay between them, and deals 20% increased Elemental Damage for two rounds. Once these rounds have ended however, deals 20% reduced damage and casting time is increased by 2 for 1 turn
o May choose Slithervoice up to three times. Slithervoice is similar to Wail of the Banshee in that it forces any enemy in range to save vs Death with a +2 bonus or die, but on top of that, surviving enemies have all their saving throws reduced by 2 for a turn.
o May choose Weavescale Resilience I, II and III. These grant a cumulative 2, 5 and 8% bonus magic resistance
o Once Weavescale Resilience has been picked three times, may select School Immunity. School Immunity is a one-time ability that grants permanent immunity to the school of the choice of the caster
• Experience Penalty: 20%
• Magic Damage penalty: 25%
• May cast one fewer spell per level
• Max number of spells of each level caps at 5 for spells of level 5-, 4 for spells of levels 6+ (instead of 6 spells of each level for a normal Sorcerer)
Compatibility: Spell Revision and IWDification are recommended for a better consistency of the mod, since I used SR's version of some spells to make mine, and IWDification's new wizard spells are also covered by this mod.
And a NPC, Alarin, which should be fully voiced by myself eventually:
Alarin is a Lawful Neutral Weavescale Yuan-Ti Abomination Sorcerer. The Weavescale order is a Neutral-aligned secretive organisation of Yuan-Ti sorcerers and mages. They are tracked by their kin for being traitors. The Weavescale order considers that Magic is an art which shouldn’t be used towards lesser goals, such as political ends. Thus they accordingly despise organisations such as the Red Wizards of Thay, and, of course, their own kin.
In addition to the usual perks of a Weavescale Sorcerer, Alarin has special powers due to his Yuan-Ti abomination true nature:
-Has an innate 20% magic resistance.
-Can polymorph at will between a Human form and a Yuan-Ti form. As a Yuan-Ti, he gains an extra attack per round, increased Thac0, Strength, Charisma, but his cast time increases by 3.
-Starts with Slitherblade+2 in his inventory. Only Alarin may wield this sword. Slitherblade can be enhanced up to +3 in SoA and +5 in ToB.
Str: 14 (18/00 as a Yuan-Ti)
Cha: 15 (19 as a Yuan-Ti)
I'm planning on using the MANLEY9 male portrait, because my skills at making portraits or any kind of drawing are absolute zero, but if anyone feels like making a male human with Yuan-ti features portrait, feel free to contact me
Kit: Available as a standalone for testing! Functional, though there might be some inconsistencies I missed (Spell Icons or string issues. I checked them but on 400 spells there must be some I missed)
The new sprites, enemies, scripts and items from the SoA questline are finished. For that part of the game, the dialogs are written, though not all of them are actually implemented. I've selected a few areas from IWD that will host the quest, I still have some work to do on that part.
What remains to be done:
-Properly implementing the quest
-Properly implementing the custom areas
-Banters: part of the writing and implementation
-At a later point, the ToB questline. It probably won't be included in the first release.
ETA: I can't give any ETA for the NPC as I have never made a NPC mod, or a quest Mod, and I don't know how long it'll take for me to learn all that.
None at this time, please report any bug you find or things you would want to behave otherwise
25/12/17: Various bugfixes and description update. Fixed the superlong installation issue.
28/12/17: Various bugfixes. One balance change: experience penalty now starts at level 7, and is now 10%, down from 20.