Skip to content

Importing Custom Items from BG:EE. Is it Possible?

TheLynx01TheLynx01 Member Posts: 8
To cut a long story short, I'm wanting to transfer some files from BG:EE that I made (custom items specifically), and plop them into BG2 without having to fully remake them.

I know that I'll have to remake their Dialog.tlk entries, that's not a problem. What I'm more concerned about is having to remake the items in question from scratch, and meticulously test and re-test everything again to make sure the functionality is the same as before.

Is this a possible shortcut? Is there a trick I don't know about that makes this easy?

(For Reference purposes, I've made all my modifications and items in Near Infinity)

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    You should be able to fetch the ITM files from your BG:EE override folder and place them in your BGII:EE override folder.
    AedanProont
  • TheLynx01TheLynx01 Member Posts: 8
    I figured as much. Was more concerned if there were compatibility issues/slight but problematic changes in how items were designed in BGII:EE.
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    In the old games, there would be issues with some items being directly copied between the games, because of:
    Missing sprites
    Missing icons
    Wrong item category (In vanilla BG1, you had Large Swords and Small Swords, which contained Long, Bastard, Scimitars, Short swords etc within them, and as such would be handled wrong in vanilla BG2 which had the weapon categories that are in the EE games)

However, as far as I can tell by toying around in the games, they now seem to share almost every asset between them, High Level Abilities being one of the few exceptions.. or they were at least, thus copying custom ITM files from BG1 to BG2 should in most cases be harmless, and can then be added by using the EE Keeper
    Proont
  • dbianco87dbianco87 Member Posts: 21
    EE pretty much solves any issues you might have with drag and drop. I still recommend repackaging and installing them with weidu to make sure your dialogs get added and in case there are issues but all should function fine.