Skip to content

Minsc and Aerie: Asking to be her witch.

So did this get activated a lot sooner in EE? Cause I swear every time I played before...this didn't happen till like Chapter 6 or late late in the game. Now it happen on Day 5. Seems like they would have to travel more then 2 days together for that to happen! :open_mouth:

Comments

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    It probably is a random event. That's because with me, it once happened while we were just out of the circus tent and shopping at the Promenade, another time it happened much later, and that was after the theater show at the Five Flagons Inn.
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    For me it has always happened pretty early. I remember the first time I saw Minsc go bonkers because Aerie died was in De'Arnise keep. Which is usually one of the first major quests I do to get it out of the way.
  • Igneous_AvesIgneous_Aves Member Posts: 41
    He asked it in De'Arnise keep for me. Which I still say is odd lol. I mean I played this game a couple times back in the day and each time it was usually after we got out of the Underdark.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I'm sure its random. I've had had it happen as quickly as three rests after getting both of them and sometimes I don't see it at all.
  • inkblowoutinkblowout Member Posts: 49
    It's a random banter that triggers Minsc to ask Aerie to be his witch so that he complete his dajemma. It happens randomly and it doesn't happen in dungeons only in areas where they banter and etc.

You can even try to accelerate the banter by pressing Ctrl+i
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @inkblowout Are you sure it doesn't happen in dungeons? I remember getting it in Firkraag's dungeon before. This back before the EEs so its possible that its been changed or that I'm remembering wrong.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    @ThacoBell Firkraag’s lair seems to be considered “outside”. I cannot count the number of times dialogues and romance banters start the moment we enter, sometimes two or three queued up at once.
  • Igneous_AvesIgneous_Aves Member Posts: 41
    It seems a lot of banter is dropping for me. Seems to progess far far faster than I remember. Then again...probably has been over a decade since I REALLY played this game lol
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    tbone1 said:

@ThacoBell Firkraag’s lair seems to be considered “outside”. I cannot count the number of times dialogues and romance banters start the moment we enter, sometimes two or three queued up at once.

Yeah, it seems the party always want to get a whole lot off their chests before facing a dragon. Understandable I guess.