Skip to content

Neverwinter Nights, a Guide for Newbies

2»

Comments

• GenghisKenGenghisKen Member Posts: 4
    I have both the Platinum and Diamond edition discs from Bioware. My Windows PC tanked a while ago, and we moved, and things got lost. Long short, I installed Platinum on a new PC since I couldn't find the Diamond discs. I have since found the Diamond discs.

So my question is: how do I migrate from Bioware Platinum OC/SoU/HotU to NWN:EE without losing my a) saved games and b) the custom modules I've been developing (which include CEP)?

Thanks for either an answer or a link! ?
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,282
    @GenghisKen The safest way is to copy all the subfolders you have modified from the Platinum edition location (default c:\NeverwinterNights\nwn) to the EE user files location (default Documents > Neverwinter Nights). Those will include hak, localvault, modules, saves and tlk.

Alternatively, you can configure EE via nwn.ini to use the old NWN subfolders for each file type. Anything you've already created in EE Documents would need to move there. This reduces data duplication, but anything saved in (or made for) EE can't be played in Platinum, so it quickly becomes confusing if everything's in one pot.
  • GenghisKenGenghisKen Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, I'll give that a try!
  • MelkiorMelkior Member Posts: 181
    coolcats wrote: »
    NWN EE on Mac Mojave OS: help needed with simply playing the game. I can't get my character (paladin) to attack inanimate objects- doors, chests, Braziers (needed to complete chapter 2). There is no response to the attack command - my character just stands still and nothing happens. For items that come up "locked" such as chests and doors my henchman rushes in and deals with it while my character stands like a dummy. However this doesn't work with the braziers or Barams's bone temple tombstones. Same effect whether I use radial menu or quick bar. Attacking with a wand that paladins can use works but regular paladin spells do not. Makes it impossible to complete the game. Am I stupidly missing something really basic or is this a bug?

I notice nobody ever responded to your question. Maybe you already got the answer but just in case, the answer is to right-click on the placeable object and then select "bash" from the popup menu.

Occasionally in multiplayer, the module maker may have inserted some kind of special effect, such as being able to bash locked doors in order to unlock them (the lock breaks).