Skip to content

Linux Server/Client

I just bought the Degital Deluxe Edition. I am a server admin and a linux user. So instead of getting a link to download the game I received I link to download the beamdog client which I do not need/care for. How do linux users will get access to native linux server and client?

Comments

• dafenadafena Member Posts: 74
    With the beamdog client you can download the game.
  • xordacxordac Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2017
    I guess I should rephrase my question, will there be a server tar.gz file to install the server on a headless server (without X/GUI/Desktop Environment)
  • SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    There has been talk of a docker image with the minimal NWN install and NWNX, that you would then deploy - as an alternative to dedicated server.

Nothing like that available at the moment though. For the time being, you can temporarily install the beamdog client on any (virtual) machine, and it will download all binaries for all platforms. Then you can manually deploy them to the server.
  • nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    We're evaluating docker images currently, which will be introduced in a separate post soonish. A standalone server package can be thought about as well and is a good idea, but it won't be done for Head Start/Early Access right now.