Skip to content

NWN:EE on TV screen with Steam Controller

A while ago I found a controller scheme for NWN and the Steam Controller which seems to work fine. Only I was trying to stream it to my TV via the Steam link/Steam streaming as well. This resulted in a black screen on my TV (could see the mouse pointer). It would be great if you could have a look at this, I love playing Divinity Original sin on my TV nowadays, especially in split screen coop. And it would be great if NWN:EE with the new UI scaling would work via Steam streaming, and maybe even with official Steam Controller support :)

Comments

• ManveruManveru Member Posts: 75
    Ok, I downloaded the 'head start' and tried it again and it works flawlessly now! :)

Some things I noticed though, UI scaling is not available at 1080p, I need to switch to 720p to make it readable, would be nice if you could already scale it at lower resolutions. Some things with steam controller are not that handy yet, but in driving camera it's definitely playable
  • SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    edited November 2017
    The original UI was made with 800x600 in mind, and in many cases it requires 600 pixels in height. The way scaling works, is just extends everything by a factor of 2x or 3x, which means that minimal resolution for 2x UI would be 1600x1200. Anything below that, and UI elements can end up overlapping with each other.

1.5x wouldn't exactly work, as you'd get distorted or blurred images because you can't easily extend it.

Although, an option to force 2x scaling (with a warning that it might not work properly) would be good.
    I think it doesn't have to be on 2x or 3x scaling but scaling it up 1.2x or 1.3x or even 1.5x might already help to make it readable at least. with 1.5x UI scaling it would be the same size as 720p resolution. Maybe it would make the text a bit more blurry, but I don't think from couch to TV distance you would notice this.
    I used this in Divinty Original sin to make the text a bit bigger and easier to read for example.
  • ValgavValgav Member Posts: 25
    @Manveru I have just one question. How the hell you control your targeting of attacks and spells?
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    Valgav said:

@Manveru I have just one question. How the hell you control your targeting of attacks and spells?

The steam controller has a track pad, works just like a mouse.
    I was using : Neverwinter Nights fluent controls, but I'm currently editing it myself to make it more comparable to Divinity Original Sin controls (as far as this is possible). Like @DrHappyAngry said, one of the trackpads works just like a mouse.
    The thing that could use improving is the ability to scroll through lists (like hotbar items and dialog responses) as now you are selecting the options by either bind to a button as in Fluent controls, or I turned it into a touch menu on left trackpad of the controller.