Skip to content

nwserver EE and Hosting games in VPS

Hi guys.

For nwn 1.69 I actually rent a VPS Server where I have installed NwN and contains the Module I run as PW.
Once I set all my client right and everything is up. My next attempt will be hosting in my computer. And the final step will be migrating nwn EE to my VPS and host my PW 24x7.

And here I had several questions.

-How can we use nwserver from nwn EE In different computers than the one we've installed our game?
-There will be nwserver EE standalone platforms so we dont have to install the whole game?
-If Full game install is needed. Will we be able to use our copy of nwn ee for hosting in computer 'H' running nwserver EE and play with the same copy in computer 'P' running nwmain EE ?

Thank you in advance

Comments

• nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    Hey hda_nwn,

- A slimmed-down server package for download will be available at some point, but it hasn't been a priority for the head start launch. I'll make note of getting that together soon.
    - A docker image to run a server with minimum effort will be introduced soon in another thread, probably today! If you know docker, then that'll be the easiest way to run a server.
    - You don't need a full game install to launch a server on Linux, but I realise that the data set is way too large to upload for some people (and also contains unecessary data). Bear with us a bit, please.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • hda_nwnhda_nwn Member Posts: 27
    Thanks for answering.

My PVS runs under windows server. And I had a copy of gog nwn. So I dont use any program. Its just the plain nwserver.

Of course I will try whatever Docker is as soon as you release it and give feedback of any issues and doubts.
    Ty