Skip to content

Race specific armor flags.

Would it be possible to add racial flags to armor? I ask only for when making for example, a race with a snake for a lower half, i could make armor graphics for it but, they would clash when equipped on vanilla race and vice versa. Maybe give normal armor a hidden flag for basic that can be toggled off on a new race so they can't put on things that wouldn't fit right?

Comments

• MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145
    This is really easy to do with an onEquip script and setting some variables on the armors.
  • GrymlordeGrymlorde Member Posts: 121
    There's already an item property for restricting race. Much easier than scripting.
  • acidchalkacidchalk Member Posts: 70
    Then i'm sorry i've been away from the game for so long that my memory is probably a mess. I picked up the early version and am playing around with it now. I can't wait to get back to modding it.
  • SarmanosSarmanos Member Posts: 16
    Grymlorde said:

There's already an item property for restricting race. Much easier than scripting.

This is technically true, but a character with high Use Magic Device skill can ignore restrictions like those since the properties are considered more a magical limitation enchanted into the armor than say a size or body shape limitation.
  • acidchalkacidchalk Member Posts: 70
    edited November 2017
    The reason i ask is lets say i use a custom race with no legs and i get some vanilla unmodified armor, or if i play as it in the main campaign, he'd sprout a pair of legs when i put it on as it wouldn't have the scripts on it. That's why i was wondering how hard it would be to have a flag in place on by default that can be turned off or changed to a race name for a custom piece of armor. Or heck maybe even an option on armor to say not render parts of it. Like a check box for no legs or one for no arms or what have you.