Skip to content

Screen edge camera control feasibility - not sure where to post question

Hello, I've been playing NWN:EE Head Start today, and I thought of a feature I'd love to see implemented, which I think would be a huge enhancement.

In NWN2, you can control the vertical camera pitch by mousing to the top or bottom edge of the screen. I know the NWN1 camera will rotate up and down vertically, because you can do it with the keyboard using page up and page down buttons.

It would be really awesome to be able to change the vertical camera angle with the top and bottom screen edges, the way you can in NWN2.

What would be involved in making that possible? Is this one of those "pie-in-the-sky" unrealistic feature requests?

I'm sorry to put this question in general discussion, but out of the stickied "suggestion" threads, I don't see a category that looks to me like "camera and UI suggestions".

I think that may be because Beamdog is not going to address much about the UI, for reasons I don't fully understand yet, but I'm wondering if the mapping of a camera control that is already implemented in the page up and page down buttons to screen edge mouse turning is a big deal or not.

So, is vertical screen edge turning a reasonable possibility, or not? Thank you.

Comments

• JimbobslimbobJimbobslimbob Member Posts: 206
    Agreed. I would also like the zoom factor to be remembered when you re-load a game. If you zoom out fully in top-down mode, it never seems to remember that on your next game.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Jimbobslimbob , There's also a thing where every time the camera zooms in for an NPC dialogue, it doesn't zoom out again. It's a minor annoyance, but it would be nice if the camera went back to your set zoom level after a dialogue. That's probably part of the same issue that the game forgets your zoom level after you log out. A "lock zoom level" would be very nice if possible. There's no need for the camera to zoom in close every time you initiate an NPC dialogue, or at least, if it does, it should zoom back out to player settings again.
  • JimbobslimbobJimbobslimbob Member Posts: 206
    Absolutely. Just checked again on the headstart version and it appears not only is zoom not remembered, but also camera elevation.