Skip to content

[Linux] Full-screen?

At this point in the development is full-screen in Linux supposed to be supported? When I start the game it defaults to windowed mode and I see no option to select full-screen. I've tried opening nwn.ini and setting FullScreen=1, but when I start the game it automatically reverts back to 0.

Comments

• ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    Hey there @ben0914

At the moment, full-screen on Linux is not supported.

We've looked at full-screen, but there are some technical hurdles we need to investigate. Can't guarantee a yea or nay on it, but it's been duly noted, don't worry. :)

• ben0914ben0914 Member Posts: 9
    @Shaiden Thanks, good to know. While it's not a show stopper, I do hope it's able to be implemented.
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    I'm not sure if this is related/known or not, but the UI scaling seems wonky. If I scale up the UI to anything above 1X the mouse has a weird offset, so where I click isn't where the cursor is on screen. It might be more apparent in my case, since I'm running a 4k monitor.
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    @DrHappyAngry
    Would it be possible to get a bug filed in our Public redmine?

Screenshots indicating where the click is "landing" versus where you think the click 'should' be would also be very much appreciated (ideally on a couple of screens, on a couple of maps).

I have a theory on what might be causing it, so I'll look into it on this end, but the above might help narrow it down.
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/34026
    Just got one screen shot on the menu. I can try to grab some when I've got some time later if you think it'll help. It's kind of tough to do anything with either the UI being tiny or the cursor being offset.
  • diodorosdiodoros Member Posts: 1
    I've just installed NWN:EE head start on a Linux system but am also having the issue described by @DrHappyAngry.
  • SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    Depending on your Windowing Manager, you should be able to rightclick on the title bar (Where it says "Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition v74.8150") and select fullscreen. It doesn't do camera rotate at the edges, but it does cover the whole screen.