Skip to content

My Server Vault - no access

SnottlingSnottling Member Posts: 85
Hi,
I can't get into my server vault. I start NWserver and fire up my module, then then I choose Internet game and log in to my own server, but my old pc's aren't there, I create a new pc and get a new weird entry in the server vault.

Why does the game not let me access my own server vault?
The path for server vault is Documents\Neverwinter Nights\servervault
Post edited by Snottling on

Comments

• SnottlingSnottling Member Posts: 85
    edited November 2017
    Also, how does Persistent Worlds handle this? Are players forced to start over from scratch with a new server vault?
    Sorry for the double post. :)
  • MalclaveMalclave Member Posts: 47
    Not sure if this applies, but have you checked the FAQ?

https://www.beamdog.com/nwn_faq#39
    Thank you!
    I have now created /nwn/oldservervault along with my old servervault. I then created /nwn/override and created the oldservervault.2da with the relevant data in there. I put them in Beamdog library/00829/data, but that's not working.

The question is - where in the world do I put them?
    Nevermind! I've got the perfect solution for me. I just ask the player to create a character whose name is their old accont name. Then it's easy to find her characters and copy/paste.
  • Barry_1066Barry_1066 Member Posts: 77
    This was my plan Snottling - it is much easier and less techie - it is quite quick as well and keeps you aware of who has been updated. My server vault has literally thousands of folders from visitors over the years - As I understand it - new EE version server vault folder no longer has a name - only the public key. By creating a character with the account name you will always be able to search and find the folder easily without the public key dance. I know how important finding a folder is for a PW - need to fix or update or modify characters and you need to find them. In a beach of sand grains (file folders) being able to search and find is essential --

good post Snottling.