Skip to content

Having some problem with continuing my saved game from Baldur's Gate 1 to Baldur's Gate 2

I just purchased and finished downloading Baldur's Gate 2 and I want to continue where my (charname) left off after beating sarevok from Baldur's gate 1, I tried to load my saved game and import from Baldur's gate 1 to Baldur's gate 2 but the saved game and the import does not appear and it is blank. Baldur's gate 1 and 2 is still on my phone by the way, so what happened? Should I uninstall Baldur's gate 1 and hoping that the saved game and the import still intact, but I'm afraid to risk losing all my progress. I'm using android and the version of both Baldur's gate is 1.3

Comments

• KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 628
    You're supposed to start a new game in BG2, and when at the screen to create your char, you choose to import from save game.. and then you should see a bg1 final save.

If not.. then at least you have android, and thus can easily manipulate the files manually.

Boot up bg1, export the char from the save game (char record screen in-game), hook the damn thing to a pc (or use a file manager app) and move the .chr file from bg1 and into a corresponding characters folder for BG2... this at least would work on pc, this is on the assumption that the android version has a similar file system.
  • ZMirzaZMirza Member Posts: 2
    What if I just copy it from the baldurs gate 1 save folder to baldurs gate 2? Will it work?
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    edited November 2017
    ZMirza said:

What if I just copy it from the baldurs gate 1 save folder to baldurs gate 2? Will it work?

I move the "final save" held in BG1 saved games, to BG2 saved games.
    It then appears as a saved game on the "load games screen" in BG2.
    To use the charname, I then start new game, press "import character" and select "from saved game" when prompted.

Probably there's an easier way but that's what you were seeming to ask, and it's still the only way I know how.

Edited to add.

It's only your charname that is imported, not the party and not the game.