Skip to content

Hide player character cloaks?

Is there a way to hide cloaks? The one I have equipped currently clips badly.

(I don't see an option in the .ini file.)

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    // Sets whether the provided item should be hidden when equipped.
    // - The intended usage of this function is to provide an easy way to hide helmets, but it
    // can be used equally for any slot which has creature mesh visibility when equipped,
    // e.g.: armour, helm, cloak, left hand, and right hand.
    // - nValue should be TRUE or FALSE.
    void SetHiddenWhenEquipped(object oItem, int nValue)
  • GorgonGorgon Member Posts: 22
    Try adding/changing the following in your nwnplayer.ini
    [Game Options] Visible Cloaks=0

I never use it, so haven't tested it in 1.74.
  • oakheartoakheart Member Posts: 65
    Thanks Sylvus and Gorgon. (The latter works, I didn't try the former)
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Wait, whaaaaaat? We can hide the incredibly ugly NWN helmets now? That's literally worth the price of the enhanced edition right there, for me.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Hm. I'm having trouble getting @Sylvus_Moonbow 's script to work with the current head start build. I've only tried it player-side, though. Is it possible it doesn't work from that end? I presume it's intended to, eventually.
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    Can we hide it also without having to edit an INI-file?
  • NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339

// Sets whether the provided item should be hidden when equipped.
    // - The intended usage of this function is to provide an easy way to hide helmets, but it
    // can be used equally for any slot which has creature mesh visibility when equipped,
    // e.g.: armour, helm, cloak, left hand, and right hand.
    // - nValue should be TRUE or FALSE.
    void SetHiddenWhenEquipped(object oItem, int nValue)

Granted I'm a bit rusty and haven't scripted in like a year+. I don't remember this function. Is it a new one or an NWN2 func?
  • GorgonGorgon Member Posts: 22
    It's new. If you have the game, it is in the list of "New Scripting Commands" in the lang\en\docs\Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition (v74).txt, in your install directory (or whatever language you use).

No clue if or where that full file has been posted, but it is probably somewhere out there, if you don't have it.

You can also see it in the script editor function list when using the new toolset (or just type/paste and select it to get the same info).
  • NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    edited December 2017
    Gorgon said:

It's new. If you have the game, it is in the list of "New Scripting Commands" in the lang\en\docs\Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition (v74).txt, in your install directory (or whatever language you use).

No clue if or where that full file has been posted, but it is probably somewhere out there, if you don't have it.

You can also see it in the script editor function list when using the new toolset (or just type/paste and select it to get the same info).

Good to know. Sadly I'm not able to install the game yet. I'll just be over here fartn around with diamond in the meantime.
    Where would you use this? The module OnEquip event? Off the top of my head I'm already contemplating how you could use this in the OnEquip event...in game rule book item has unique power to start convo, asks if you want helms or cloaks hidden, keeps variable on that item, OnEquip checks for variable, if there set above function TRUE. Dang it I want to get in and look at the new functions!

OOoh. I just found out how to install the head start...
    Post edited by NeverwinterWights on