Skip to content

Feedback: Too small UI for the upper left conversation textbox

fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
edited December 2017 in General Discussions NWN:EE
Hello!

I use a resolution of 1920x1080. I think that the upper left conversation textbox is way too small on the UI. The min/max setting is 1 so far.

Is there a way to increase the UI scaling?

I attach a screenshot.

I already activated "Use high resolution font" in "Advanced Video Options":

Thank you!

Comments

• kotekokoteko Member Posts: 179
    I agree, it's hard to read :|
  • Korevas17Korevas17 Member Posts: 57
    Yeah I can't seem to scale the UI at any resolution, I'm thinking it may be a bug?
  • britishjbritishj Member Posts: 44
    I believe the developers added in a separate resolution slider for ui elements, someone will have to double check
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    There is a UI scaling thing in options but doesn't seem to actually work yet. Hopefully its a planned feature. Its my only problem with the EE so far. Everything is too tiny at my resolution settings.
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    Thank you!
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    From info in another thread, it seems that the only resolution that supports scaling at present is 1600 x 1200, where you do get the option to make UI scale x 2. Then the conversation panel dominates the screen, exactly as it does in 800 x 600.

It seems that Beamdog hasn't yet committed to a UI scale of 1.5, but as 1080p is rapidly becoming a popular standard, I'd say there's a compelling case for it.
  • JimbobslimbobJimbobslimbob Member Posts: 206
    edited December 2017
    At 4K you can scale it up by 3 and it produces a decent size UI, but I agree - at HD it is still tiny.

Given they have said repeatedly that the UI will undergo a big overhaul, I would say to wait and see what they do - it's clearly on their list.

4K Screenshot to illustrate:

• 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Yes, this truly needs to be updated. I think it's an issue that really needs to be addressed. I don't even play in my highest resolution because of how small the dialog box becomes.