Skip to content

What do you think about dota in nwn

sandronejmsandronejm Member Posts: 70
edited December 2017 in General Discussions NWN:EE
I'm planning a module based in DOTA or League of Legends, battle arena, mob, lanes battle what do you think about it?
Post edited by sandronejm on

Comments

• JimbobslimbobJimbobslimbob Member Posts: 206
    Not too sure what you mean on the camera front, but I will say there is a decent module out that functions like you say: Good vs Evil III. Could be worth a look if you are planning such a module.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    There's also Battle of the Dragons, which is very similar to a MOBA as well.
  • sandronejmsandronejm Member Posts: 70
    Thats good I'll test it. I edited the main post. Acctually I think about create PC vs. NPC moba in the way of the think that the nwn has classes not configured to play dota (or unbalanced)
  • JimbobslimbobJimbobslimbob Member Posts: 206
    Yeah, PvP is not balanced in NWN (and never will be). As such, those modules are fun to play but can be very unbalanced. NWN is no "DOTA".

Personally, I would prefer the PvE side of it more than PvP on public servers - perhaps if you are making a new module, more focus could be given to that?

Don't get me wrong, the Good vs Evil module is really well done and a lot of enjoyment can come out of it (play it and love it myself), but it's best played in a controlled environment with friends, rather than with randoms... as overpowered "power builds" playing with bog-standard builds makes for a rather one-sided fight.
  • NicoenNicoen Member Posts: 12
    I would love to see Capture the Flag return like back in the days with the Antiworld server. That was really well done, and had some changes to the balance that made it quite enjoyable.
  • ReibornReiborn Member Posts: 156
    mix of monks with epic spell resist vs mages with maximized missile storm vs sneaky half orcs DD with knockdown\disarm from stealth.