Skip to content

Wierd Water in Tropical Tileset (built in)

TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
edited December 2017 in Technical Support
These pictures show this in action -

Without Shiny Water

With Shiny Water

Without Shiny Water

With Shiny Water

The shiny water in game is actually a scintillating snow of pixels. I thought that there was supposed to have been a fix for shiny water. So I have submitted this as an issue and attached the full sized images (the ones here are reduced for the forum).

TR

Comments

• SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    The shiny water reacts to the wind. It seems that it's a combination of a) no wind in area, and b) too small waves by default for no wind.

@TarotRedhand Can you try, in the console:
    DebugMode 1
    setglobalwind 1 1 0

And see if it looks better? Also try "setglobalwind 2 2 0".
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited December 2017
    Sorry about this but I can't recall how to actually bring up the console with a UK keyboard.

Previous to the last update, it didn't look like that. If you get the PC to actually stand in the water and then zoom all the way in you can actually see the wave action but who plays with that level of zoom? I did wonder if it was rain related but that would have been odd ass the area visual setting is for clear.

TR
  • SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    @TarotRedhand - You can also access the console by typing ## in the chatbar:

##DebugMode 1
    ##setglobalwind 2 2 0

And yeah, the water changed in the last update. It should react to rain as well, but only in color, not wave size.
    edited December 2017
    That does produce waves but they still look odd.

They flow out of the sand.

TR
    Post edited by TarotRedhand on
    edited December 2017
    I've now found a new oddity. This time with the Castle Exterior, Rural tileset. I have also submitted this as a bug.

While walking near water at the bottom of the cliffs I noticed these strange parallel horizontal yellowish lines on top of the water. At first I thought they were part of the water texture, there to enhance the appearance of the waves. Then I noticed something really odd. As you rotate the screen, these lines rotate with it so that they always run in the same direction. This is not a function of shiny water as it appears whether or not that is checked.

TR
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    What happens when you unequip your weapon? Maybe it is caused from the flames or its light source and is causing this to happen.
    I found them while using a different PC who wasn't carrying anything lit. I went back with my "tank PC" just to get that image today.

TR