Skip to content

Locking down placeables

I would love to be able to lock a placeable into position. Just a little box that says it's not going to move (unless I uncheck that box).

This comes up because I like to take multiple placeables and squish them together in interesting ways. If I hit F5 to see how other changes to the area look, then placeables jump all over the place to be stacked on top of one another, rather than squished together nicely how I had them. I'd love to be able to lock a placeable in place and not have it move. (I try to avoid hitting F5 now, but it seems like this should be a simple fix.)

Comments

• OmnipsiOmnipsi Member Posts: 31
    edited December 2017
    Highly support this! Especially the per-axis locking, and if this extends to all creatures, items, etc that can be painted and dragged in the Toolset.

Being able to place ceiling or wall mounted objects properly with a locked Z axis alone would be a significant time saver for me.
  • BlackRiderBlackRider Member Posts: 6
    @thirdmouse Yes, that is definitely an impressive post to support this! Thank you!
  • HimmelweissHimmelweiss Member Posts: 72
    This is really needed!
  • HonounHonoun Member Posts: 12
    Oh how I would love this feature implimented, I don't know how many times I've mistakenly fubbed all my placeable by click dragging across the screen :* Only to then bang my head on my desk cause I had to replace them all over again :p
  • raz651raz651 Member Posts: 175
    Do the placeables move if you click on the button where you don't see them?
  • thirdmousethirdmouse Member Posts: 67
    edited February 2018
    Yep. Hiding them isn't of any use, here - their positions will still restack on F5, and you can't hide only some placeables, so it's not something you would do while still working with them. Even clicking on one in the palette will unhide them all :) Good for decluttering for triggers and sound placement, but not for saving you from yourself...
  • virusmanvirusman Member, Developer Posts: 173
    I think it would be enough if just clicking on them didn't make them jump. No need to lock anything, just click = selection, click+drag = move.
  • the_riblothe_riblo Member Posts: 26
    Locking placeables in a selected location would be simply perfect
    I agree on that request
  • FinalStandFinalStand Member Posts: 87
    locking would be great. Also toggle button to lock/unlock everything highlighted (in selected crusor drag box)